ESSENTIALS FOR USING THE ACIJOY WIFI WATER BOWL
Changing / Refilling the water in the bowl:
- Empty the bowl by inclining it in a 90-degree angle to either side. If you incline it more, the bowl may switch to the Holiday mode (described below), which is indicated by decreasing sound. Place the bowl back on the floor, table, or even surface and then repeat the inclining. The bowl will beep once.
- Let the bowl stand for about 2 seconds. Subsequently, the bowl will start beeping quietly, and this is the signal that the Feeding assistant was activated. Now you can pour new water in. When refilled, place the bowl back and wait until the bowl stops beeping, which means that the data has been recorded. Afterward, your dog can access the bowl and use it.
- It is best to use the Feeding assistant during every refilling because it calibrates the bowl and gives you the most accurate data.
- You can also add new water in the bowl without pouring out the old one. Simply pour fresh water and let the bowl stand for a few seconds. Wait for a double beep sound that indicates that the data has been saved and your dog can drink.
- The bowl keeps track of the amount of water in the bowl and its freshness. It will notify you in case the bowl is low in water or the water is too old.
ESSENTIALS FOR USING THE ACTIJOY WIFI FOOD BOWL
- Don't forget to set the daily food goal in your dog's profile.
- Set also the Feeding Assistant Portion Size in the settings of your Food Bowl. If you feed two times a day, the Feeding Assistant Portion size is half of the required daily food goal. In case you feed only once a day, set the portion size to the full daily food goal. (Feeding Assitant guide here)
- To activate Feeding Assistant, lift the bowl and incline it in a 90-degree angle to either side and back. The bowl will beep once. Place the bowl back on the floor, table, or even surface. After 3 seconds, the bowl will start beeping, which means that the Feeding Assistant has been activated, and you can start filling up the bowl.
- A steady beeping tone accelerates with the amount of food placed in the bowl. The continuous tone indicates that the set limit is reached.
- If you exceed the set amount, you will hear an alarm sound.
- The continuous tone will stop after 5 seconds. Once the bowl stops beeping, your dog can use it.
- If you want to keep the food under or over the set amount, the beeping tone (either slow or alarm) will stop after 10 seconds. Once the bowl stops beeping, it means that the food amount in the bowl has been recorded and your dog can access it, and eat.
- It is essential to use the Feeding Assistant during mealtimes, as it serves not only as an easy portion control method, but it calibrates the bowls to give you the most accurate data on your dog's food intake.
- Have you heard a double beep? This sound indicates that the bowl saved the data. It is part of the weight checking mechanism, and the bowl saves data several times throughout the whole day.
ESSENTIALS FOR USING THE ACTIJOY WIFI FOOD & WATER BOWL
- Do you want to clean the bowl? First of all, detach the upper side from the base unit by the following steps in the User Guide. Then put the base unit on the reverse side with silicone feet facing up. You will hear the sound of decreasing tones confirming that the Dishwasher mode has been activated.
- No data will be sent to the app while the base unit is in the Dishwasher/Holiday mode. You can use this mode to save the batteries in case your pup won't use the bowl for a longer time, such as holidays.
- "Assigned to" and how to set it? When you assign a bowl to a selected dog in the Bowl settings, every food or water consumed from the bowl will be credited to the selected dog. It is the best choice for a single dog household. The consumption is credited no matter if your dog wears the tracker or not, which is essential for the bowl to recognize which do is using it.
- In case you select the option "All dogs", the bowl will credit the consumption to the tracker of the dog that was the closest to the bowl during mealtime or drinking. If your dog doesn't wear the tracker all the time, or the tracker is discharged, no consumption will be displayed in the charts.
Feeding Assistant Function
Feeding Assistant helps you to keep the portion size in check. It always helps you to measure a pre-set amount of food with a +/- 2g deviation.
- Set the amount of food you want to feed in the bowl's profile.
- Then you only need to activate it before feeding by inclining it in a 90-degree angle to either side and follow the beeping sound.
- You should activate the feeding assistant before each feeding or refilling the water, as it also has a function of calibrating the bowl.
Tracker data syncing
- The bowl syncs the data from the tracker several times a day when the dog drinks or eats.